If you’re a builder who works on Class 1a & 10a buildings, it’s important that you’re aware of recent changes on July 1 2019 that impact approval of sanitary drainage connections. We’ve got all the key info below:
Who will this affect?
All Builders of Class 1a & 10a buildings under a fast track approval with sanitary drainage connecting to a local authority service connection.
When will this affect me?
As of 1st July 2019, regulation changes through the National Construction Code 2019 – Vol 3 (PCA) and Plumbing and Drainage Regulations 2019 (PDR) have come into effect.
How will this affect me?
- Per PCA Section CP1.1, a sanitary plumbing system must avoid damage from superimposed loads, ground movement or root penetration.
- Per PDR Schedule 6: Part 2.2.3 (b) Documents for work for a class 1a or 10a building involving installation of sanitary drainage to a local authority sewer connection point and returned a site classification in accordance with AS2870-2011 of Class H1, H2, E or P – will now require certified design showing the articulation of the sanitary drainage system.
What else do I need to know?
Required information to be provided to local authorities is law and enforceable through penalty points and on the spot fines should information not be available upon request.
Various Councils require design documentation of water reticulation for Duplex / Secondary dwellings when not covered by fast track applications. STA Consulting Engineers can provide services for these requirements.
Who can help?
You don’t have to figure this out on your own. STA Consulting Engineers can assist you in the preparation of these documents. Should you require further information on how STA can assist you please contact our team to get fast, helpful information.
What will it cost me?
Pricing depends on your:
- residence type e.g. a single residence or duplex / secondary dwelling
- residence size e.g. single storey or double storey
- building hydraulic services required e.g. sanitary drainage, articulation, sizing, grades – or a pipework articulation design only
To get a price quickly, fill out our Quote Form and we’ll promptly get a service proposal to you.